Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tivo Sucks

I don't recommend purchasing a Tivo directly from Tivo. Their customer service sucks, there hardware is garbage and it seems to me they try their best rip you off.

We have had a Tivo for about 2 years and it has been nothing, but headaches. I would have never purchased one if I would have know there would be so many hardware failures, and poor customer service.

At one time they had nearly 300 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau. Unfortunately I realized this "after" I made the mistake of purchasing the lifetime package.

I have spend more time and effort fixing, and talking to customer support than it is worth to me. Anytime I call customer support I end up on the phone for hours because they don't have a clue what is causing the problems.

Then they try to charge you $150 for a new box because the original box was a piece of shit. After fighting with them for about 3 hours we were able to get it covered under the warranty price of $50, which is still a joke. We have gone through 4 Tivo boxes as a result of faulty hardware and are still trying to get this damn thing fixed.