Saturday, September 22, 2007

It is that time of year again. The cold weather will be here soon. I have a lot of yard work to do before the cold does finally set in. My raw vegan diet has inspired me to put a 550 sq-ft garden in my backyard, and create an edible landscaping plan for the entire yard. This is a great deal of work. The garden is well on it's way and the soil should be ready/fertile for planting in the spring.

My plan is to remove 2-3 of our existing trees and plant 5 apple trees, some peach trees and pair trees. The rest of the plants will be bushes, shrubs, and vines for growing goose berries, grapes, edible flowers etc...

On another note, I have decided to go back to Virginia Tech and finish my masters degree starting this January. It will be a lot of work, but will be well worth it. I already have three classes out of the way.

I recently started a job with a new company (Lockheed Martin) and am currently working 2.5 miles from home. It is great being so close. I ride my bicycle every day. I may start to jog a few days per week too.

Last week I did hit a giant pothole and damaged my bike. I have to take it in tomorrow to get repaired.