Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Vegan

It has been too long since I have posted to this blog. I have been posting to my backpacking blog much more often.

After doing loads of research on health, food, disease, medicine, and human history, I have decided to make another lifestyle change. Not only have I decided to become a Vegan, but I have decided to consume raw foods only.

Being a Raw Vegan has great health advantages. For example, Vegans have 65% less of a chance of getting cancer than someone who eats meat. Raw Vegans probably have even less of a chance than regular Vegans because they don't eat any dairy products. Aside from the health benefits, food prep time is much quicker, and you don't have to worry about cooking. I can grow and dehydrate my own foods too. I will only eat organic food now as well.

My plan is to start juicing, sprouting, and organic gardening. I am hoping to grow veggies, herbs, and spices all year long in the gardens. I am also going to plant some mini-fruit trees.

I never really ate much meat. However, I did eat chicken, and dairy products on a regular basis. So far it has only been just over a week since I have had dairy. I have not had any cravings, or regrets. I am already starting to feel more energetic, and healthier.

I also increased my water intake to 60+ ounces per day. This is necessary to maintain a good health. The majority of people are dehydrated on a daily basis and don't even realize it.